Thursday, February 21, 2013

Hello Kitty Party!

At days end of Stella's 5th birthday party she announced that her 6th birthday party would be a Hello Kitty party. She never wavered over the year and so Hello Kitty it was.




I used freezer paper and fabric paint to make these shirts for all the girls.
[idea/tutorial seen here]

 
We blew up and hung over 50 balloons above the food table. I stuck to a light pink, dark pink and red color scheme.

The birthday dessert choice. Strawberry cupcakes with strawberry frosting and a gumball on top.

We made Hello Kitty pizza's and also had fruit with dip, veggies with ranch and pink lemonade for dinner. All choices of the birthday girl.

Stella's guest list was rather large this year. I kept trying to cut it down, but there was just no way to do it. So we had 16 girls total. I knew there had to be a way to manage all those girls and keep it under control and I think I came up with a pretty successful plan of action. We had 4 stations. We divided them into 4 groups of 4 girls each and rotated them through.
 We had the necklace/bracelet making table. With my good friend Linda manning the table.

We had pin the bow on Hello Kitty and making Duct Tape Hello Kitty bows (I forgot to take a picture) at the next station.
  
I found Hello Kitty slippers on clearance at Wal Mart for $1.00. We bought four pairs and wrapped them up over and over. Then we gave the girls cooking utensils and they each had 30 seconds to try to unwrap them before they had to pass to the next person. Whoever was the one to officially unwrap them all the way got to keep them. It was a hit!



Grandpa was in charge of the outside obstacle coarse. From what I hear it was the hit of the party. He had them crawling through tunnels, racing down the slide, throwing hula hoops over helium filled balloons, kicking soccer balls and who knows what else.


Finally after each group had rotated through the stations and eaten their dinner, we brought out Stella's cupcakes. Look at that face! I LOVE that Ryan captured how excited she was.

That's my Stella... so full of personality. What would we do without her?



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...