Tuesday, April 12, 2011

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish!


I am so excited and honored that Brittany asked me to guest post on my son's 2nd birthday!

For my son's second birthday, I decided to take off from his current book obsessed: Dr. Seuss' One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish. He brings it to me what seems like 126 times a day to be read. It was a no brainer that this would be the theme for his little party.

Last year, I relied on Etsy a lot for his party decor, so I decided to go back this year. I used the amazing seller, Party on Boutique, for the invitation and cupcake toppers…
brady invite jpg 5x7-1
brady 2-2
brady 2-3
brady 2-4
We had the party at a park and instead of tablecloths, I actually wrapped the picnic tables in fun wrapping I found at Paper Source. It tied in with the theme perfectly. To add a personal touch, I framed a few of my son's 2-year pictures and had them displayed on the tables.
brady 2-13
For an added treat, I made some candy coated marshmellow pops. Very simple and very easy. Just put marshmellows on a lollipop stick, melt some candy melts, dip the pop in the melts, dip in sprinkles, and wala! I displayed them in some mason jars filled with swedish fish. They were fun and the kids loved them.
brady 2-42brady 2-8
When it came to favors, I always love to do something a little different or unique. I found an awesome seller on Etsy, Brown Bag Bath Bars, that makes homemade soaps. She offered to make red and blue, fish shaped, scented soaps. She even threw in some personalized favor tags!
brady 2-6
By the end of this post, you will see that I have a small addiction to Etsy. When it came down to what the birthday boy was going to wear, I knew I wanted something that reflected his big number 2. Picadilly Circus Designs did his shirt and I just loved it.
brady 2-36
We didn't really need to plan any activities, since the party was at the park. The kids ran, jumped, skipped and played before it was time to sing Happy Birthday to the little boy of the hour.
Picnik collage3200423_1927588157390_1472777894_32178783_5473097_nPicnik collage5brady 2-35
By the end of the day, the birthday boy was exhausted and ready to head home for naps. It was such a perfect day and we already can't wait for next year!
brady 2-21
*Thanks to Brittany for posting!! It looks like the party was amazing!
I am looking to bring back this feature. If you have a great party you'd like to have featured here on Tangled and True email me (tangledandtrue@gmail.com).

6 comments:

  1. This is ADORABLE!!! You did such an awesome job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! You covered every aspect of the party! Hopefully the kids will cooperate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tara, you did such a great job with this! i love all the small details. the soap is a genius idea. wish i'd seen this in time for finn's 2nd bday! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you happen to know if the Etsy shop you used is now closed? I can't find it and I am hoping to order invitations similar to those you used. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...