Friday, May 1, 2009

cupcakes.



Today is the girls birthday party. I was up way too late and now way too early preparing. I made a cupcake recipe from scratch that might be the best I've ever tasted. Seriously.. you should try it sometime. With this buttercream frosting recipe. It won't disappoint.

Yellow Butter Cupcakes

3 cups cake flour (not self rising), sifted
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 1/4 t. baking powder
1 1/2 t. coarse salt
3/4 t. baking soda
10 ounces (2 1/2 sticks) butter unsalted softened
2 1/4 cups sugar
6 large eggs, plus 3 large yolks, room temperature
2 cups buttermilk, room temperature
1 T. pure vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350. Whisk dry ingredients in a bowl. Cream butter and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Reduce speed to low. Mix any remaining wet ingredients in a bowl if needed. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture in 3 additions, alternating with remaining wet ingredients and always ending with dry. Scrape sides of bowl. Fill 2/3 full. Bake about 20 minutes. Let cool on wire racks.

Enjoy!

*photo via flickr

5 comments:

  1. Umm YUM!!! I can't wait to try it out!

    Hope the party goes well. Can't wait to see pics!

    you're a super rad mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good! Thanks for the Recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hubbs loves yellow cake recipes! Will have to try. Hope you were able to hit the hay early tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cupcakes look delicious! I hope the birthday party is lots of fun. Maybe you'll share photos? I have birthday parties on my mind as I'm planning one for my son whose birthday about a month away.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...