Wednesday, March 26, 2008

the dirty dozen.



Not everyone can afford to go completely organic (me included) so if you focus on the dirty dozen you'll eliminate the foods with the highest amounts of pesticides, hormones, additives and chemicals. If you're going to spend money on organic, these are your best bets.

The top 12 foods to Eat Organic

1. Meat
2. Milk
3. Coffee
4. Peaches
5. Apples
6. Sweet Bell Peppers
7. Celery
8. Strawberries
9. Lettuces
10. Grapes
11. Potatoes
12. Tomatoes

For complete list and the reasons why, view here.

pictures via msn.com

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, this is great info for the beginner in organics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the list, I hadn't heard that potatoes were important to get organic before. I wish I could find info on citrus but I never see it organic anyway. I also like the lists that contain the things that are relatively safe to buy non-organic, like bananas & avocados, because then I don't feel so guilty when I can't get all organic.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...