Monday, February 25, 2008

plover organic.



I love the idea of knowing how to "tread lightly".. because why wouldn't you? I'm definitely not a class A environmentalist, but I would love to be there at some point since more than anything, I love all things natural. So, if I (and my family!) can wear and sleep pure.. I will! Especially if it doesn't look like hemp (not a bad thing, just not something I would choose to snuggle with).

Plover Organic is beautiful textile (a marriage of modern and retro), "produced from the best quality 100% organic cotton, making it better for you and your family, for your home, and for the environment." Block printed and quilted by hand, this super soft bedding even comes in pint sized packages with their baby collection.



Brown Leaves and Confetti is my top pick. So gender neutral, yet organic and cheery. Plover is currently available online here.

p.s. Not sure why you should buy organic cotton?
A few things you should know about conventional cotton crops: they currently account for 25 percent of all insecticides used worldwide. Nearly one-third of a pound of chemical fertilizers and pesticides (some of which are among the most toxic classified by the Environmental Protection Agency) are applied to every pound of cotton harvested. Growing cotton organically means avoiding those toxic chemicals and their fallout, improving soil fertility and protecting farming communities at the same time. Buying organic supports environmentally and economically sustainable production, which is vital to the welfare of the planet.
Read more right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...