Thursday, October 11, 2007

bird.house.

I wouldn't call myself crafty, but I no doubt crave creativity. I enjoy seeing things turn out well. That said, I'm completely inspired by the artist behind two straight lines. My favorite of her projects was one inspired by modern birdhouses she found browsing design sponge.


They're lovely. But a comment made by a design sponge reader {"um, yeah it's cute - but are birds really going to live in a polystyrene house?"} nudged her conscious. She says, I love well designed products as much as the next guy, but I have come to realize that sometimes it just represents excess. So, this is my twist on a more natural modern birdhouse. We often see gourd birdhouses, but they are usually left unpainted, or are painted decoratively. How about just a simple coat of non-toxic paint? Add in a little twig perch. This is the time of year to pick up gourds at your farmer's market to preserve, or better yet, buy one predried, cleaned and drilled right here.


And then.. this beauty {above} was born. So simple to duplicate. And the perfect season. I want to take on this project.

1 comment:

  1. I seem to see these everywhere and for good reason - they are amazing!

    i love the yellow one you have pictured.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...