Friday, April 13, 2007

zu modern.


Meet Katie. She's a shoe enthusiast, a product designer, a mother, and one of my former roommates from several years ago. She's always had a knack for design, a refreshingly unique style and really great hair.

She has directed her talent into an amazing little company called Zu Modern which sells children's clothing and gear, taking "the daily essentials and simplifying them to the max."

I'm sure her story of turning passion into product will sound like a parallel to your own life:

"It was started by a mother who was having a hard enough time keeping the
house clean and the baby happy; let alone track down her son's lost shoe in the
supermarket. Now with ZU, all you have to worry about is avoiding stepping
on those danged Cheerios."



Check out her really swell product. Current favorite: the Sling. {"Light and thin, easy to pack & wear, comfy for mom & baby, tension adjustment, machine washable, 3-14+months."} The fabric combinations are mod and the application looks simple.


"The quick, convenient way to carry your little Joey. Now your baby won't mind a trip to the farmers' market because it means he'll be close to you and you'll have your hands free to choose the best rutabaga of the bunch."

$44, 3 choices of fabric combinations that match your style, and 3 available sizes.

"Zu: taming the daily zoo"

4 comments:

  1. i love slings...haven;t used this one. I had a new native...just solid black. The prints are fun on the zu though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want/NEED this so bad!! Thanks for the heads up! And even more fun that you personally KNOW her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love slings and this looks like a great site! I remember you talking about the shoes at one point.

    The prints are fun. I'm totally in the market for a sling since we are taking a red eye flight in July and I'm not about to carry a sleeping baby along with all sorts of luggage. I'll have to wear her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE those slings! I think I need one for sure for the next baby. I think any prolonged carrying of Izzy is much too much right now. But for the next baby, for sure. How great are those patterns? I love the style.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...