Monday, April 23, 2007

indulge.

My daily splurge is a warm bath with my hair pulled back in a headband and my favorite bath soak. It's become a routine that proves hard to break. I finish calm and tired and ginger-fresh. I try to justify indulgence in my life because it reminds me that I have a sense of self outside of everything that I choose to prioritize.

I was thinking out loud to Bradley today about Mother's Day. I told him {with the obvious hint of hopefulness on the verge of expectation} that if I were to choose to fully celebrate any one of the religious-free holidays, it would be Mother's Day. My entire life has transitioned into living and thinking and acting and reacting in the way that has the best influence on Cole. It's become my purpose and I've done it as best as I can with everything in me. That feels amazing: to commit to something so wholly. But Ginger Bath Soak {or the like} reboots that drive.

I thought it would be fun to focus on a series of all about me finds. Today's theme is indulge. Just three things that will probably never find their way into my life...because I tend to bring home toothpaste or socks or toxic free cleaning products instead.
one.


whirling dervish chemise.



two.
nature girl organic skin care.


three.
sun print eye pillow.

How do you indulge?

5 comments:

  1. I too love an evening bath but haven't had one since we moved in with my parents a few weeks ago. It will start again when we move next week. But my favorite indugence is a nightime dessert. From warm chocolate chip cookies to strawberry Hagan Daz ice cream, to rice krispie treats. Especially these days, I need my evening sweets. I also LOVE to shop but that requires money, so that doesn't happen often. One last one, a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s were there seriously 70 comments left on the give away post? Wow I bet you guys had no idea that many people read your blog. I think you've got something going here.... Way to go Kelli!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, the organic "she dreams in green" bath salts looks mildly divine right now.

    You {and Devin since he's a bath lover} have converted me to baths.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh...fun one, Kelli. Indulging for me would be be chocolate dessert, baths, massages and shopping (although the latter three don't happen nearly enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My indulgence is definately a warm bubble bath followed by a foot massage and a good book.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...