Saturday, April 14, 2007

I couldn't help myself..

I had one of those moments today: you discover something so GREAT that you almost call the coolest people you can think of just to share a bit of "in the know." I was perusing through the books during a casual stop at Borders and found a new great book- Ayano Imai's very first and very cool The 108th Sheep.

The illustrations are perfectly soft and dreamy and the pages are thick and textured. Like really great stationary. Here's a peak into parts of the story:



She was born in 1980 {a good year-happy birthday to me} in England but left just seven years later for Japan. She later studied Japanese painting at Mausashino Art University in Tokyo. She is the author and illustrator of The 108th Sheep, her first book. Keep them coming, Ayano.

and
then I found Who's Hiding {by Saturo Onishi} which is a modern and pretty take on the classic "I spy" book.

Who's hiding? Who's crying? Who's backwards? Who's angry? Who's sad? {and the repeated question...} Who's hiding? It's clever and simple. I want both!

2 comments:

  1. Dont know if you are an ebay-er...but you can often get books for way cheep on half.com or just regular ebay.com. these particular books it would only save you like $1 (with shipping and all), but other books you will save like 90%! with your love for books, you should check it out, if you dont already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelli, keep the book recommedations coming! I love hearing about the new books you discover.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...