Friday, April 6, 2007

dream nursery.

I saw this on Dwell's site today and got inspired to find the elements (some of them...this is a process..) of my dream nursery. Just: replace the pink side of the room with a crib and this bedding, the white rug with a {yellow} shag rug or the like, and the kid's bed bedding with something simple, but colorful and creative (like dots). They must match of course. Any ideas?



I love the idea of a shelf above the crib

and a colorful nightstand for the bed and crib to share.




I would include a corner with a bench or desk or table and chairs,

a stack of cushions and pillows,





and plenty of toy storage.


An enormous book case is a must.


Great, unique toys would be displayed,



and custumized art like this



or this- will set his/her room apart from others.



Finally, his/her own art will color the room


and a mobile (above the crib) will do the same for the ceiling.


Theme: colorful, playful, comfortable and natural. (Maybe it's a little hard to follow? It makes since in my head.)

6 comments:

  1. I love it Kelli. It makes total sense in my head and I like it all. Where is the wall art from?

    The only issue I have with a shelf above the crib is an earthquake {items in shelf falling?} but maybe that is b/c I am in Southern California.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it kelli! You have such a great sense of style, yet what would be great for kids to enjoy as well. I love the finds, and it works so well! I always love the great toys you find, and I love the bedding and the rug. are you planning on having a bed and a crib soon???

    ReplyDelete
  3. And if you're wondering how all of this will fit...the room will be quite big, with hardwood floors I can paint light blue. :)

    I just think a crib on it's own is lonely. hopefully we'll be using both together at some point. But if not, it's a guest bed or a "to grow into" bed.
    Good point with the shelving. I'll have to make sure that the crib is pulled far enough away from the wall. I don't remember where the art is from. I'll do my research. (It was a late night..)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am leaving another comment, because i just have to say AGAIN, that i love it all! I just love the colors! great job doing your research kelli!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute room. I'm a fan. I really like the wall art too. I think the shelf looks good, but I couldn't do it for fear/paranoia it would fall on the baby...california earthquakes too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. we painted calebs wall a blue and have been tryin to decide what detail to add....
    a grey elephant.
    perfect.
    THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...