Tuesday, February 27, 2007

more books...


"Young Cat! If you keep
Your eyes open enough,
Oh, the things you will learn!
The most wonderful stuff!"
-I Can Read With My Eyes Shut

The world of reading just excites me. Some of my best memories include becoming lost in a story. There are so many good books - classics and new ones. Thanks for the recommendations thus far.

Izzy is constantly on the go, but if she has her bottle we're more likely to get through nearly an entire book! It helps when I make really embarrassing intonations with each character or sentence.

Here are some of my favorites (that span various ages):

Ramona Quimby books by Beverly Cleary.

The crazy Amelia Bedelia by Peggy Parish.

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst. I think we can all relate with poor little Alexander.

Where the Sidewalk Ends: the Poems and Drawings
of Shel Silverstein. I really like Shel's website too.

Green Eggs and Ham by Dr Seuss.

Sideways Stories From Wayside School
by Louis Sachar

These are just some of my favorites that popped in my head. There are plenty more.

3 comments:

  1. I grew up reading Ramona Quimby and Amelia Bedelia! Faves. And I've been meaning to get Alexander and teh Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day. I remember that one too - it's a good one. Thanks Linds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linds- I loved that sentiment- the world of reading excites me too, and I hope to instill that passion in my children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up with these same books. I love your choices, Lindsey. And Cole's the same way: always moving. I hope there comes a point where he will stay still long enough for me to read him stories, though. (Or for him to read on his own.) In the meantime, I get in as much as I can before he tries to sprint out of the room. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...